“It is not down in any map, true places never are.”
– Herman Melville
Getting To Us By Car (from London)
- Plugin HP8 4AB into your GPS.
- Exit Junction 17 of M25 onto Denham Way & follow signs for Chiltern Open Air Museum
- Turn off Denham Way onto Chalfont Road. Continue straight on Chalfont Road which eventually turns into Gorelands Lane
- Continue past Rowan Garden Centre. The satnav will tell you to turn into Newland Manor Lane. Ignore It! It’s lying!
- Instead, continue going straight until you find a black gate at the junction of Gorelands Lane & Chesham Lane. You will be escorted into our hidden woodland by one of our team.
Getting to Us By Train
- Take the London Underground Metropolitan Line or National Rail Service service to Chalfont & Latimer Station (London Underground Zone 8).
- Upon exiting the station ask one of the polite (& occasionally not so polite), local taxi drivers, to drop you off ‘black gate’ at the junction of Gorelands Lane and Chesham Lane as COAM is currently closed. One of our team will be there to meet you & escort you to our woods.
About Our Woodland
Enviably situated in a classified area of outstanding natural beauty surrounded by stunning scenery & majestic wildlife yet within close commuting distance from Central London our 90-acre hidden woodland is the perfect place to get away from the stresses & strains of city life.
Previously owned as a summer residence by Bridget Dame D’Oyly Carte, the sole heiress to The Savoy Hotel, the estate was used to throw raucous & outlandish parties for high society during the swinging sixties and today we pay homage to its hedonistic heritage.
Home to a large variety of wildlife including deers, badgers, rabbits as well as numerous bird species which can be spotted throughout the year, our ancient woodland changes colour during the seasons from Autumnal shades of gold and amber to a sea of lilac in springtime when bluebells carpet our woods.